Picture this: 5am. Josh comes to wake me up, so I can take him to work. Good morning exchange followed by me asking, "Are there pumpkin farms in Florida? Where are going to get our pumpkins? A grocery store?"
Yes that really happened. Why the heck I was thinking of pumpkins at 5 in the mornings beats me. But it's a real concern! The tradition of pumpkin picking, eating a yummy old fashioned donut with cinnamon sugar coating is all out the window! Slight exaggeration, but you mid-westerners get how I feel.
After this emotional roller coaster-the exaggeration continues, I decided I had to get on the pumpkin recipe train! I love pumpkin year around, in anything. Breads, muffins, oatmeal, yogurt, butters. PUMPKIN is everything.
Hence why I had to fill these muffins with all things fall-pumpkin spice, oats, raisins, walnuts, and of course pumpkin.
Also notice I used orange and green reusable muffins liners...fall/halloween fully embraced.
A quick run down of these NUTRITION packed muffins:
- Vitamin A-aids eye health and immune function
- Potassium-electrolyte, hydration
- Fiber-keeps us full, aids in digestion, cholesterol levels, and heart health
Flaxseed and Walnuts:
- Heart healthy fats
- Protein and fiber filled
- Fiber-7g in 2 tbsp!
Fall Filled Pumpkin Muffins
Serves: 10 muffins
Creation time: 35 mins
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup SO Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk (whatever milk you have on hand will work)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Thrive Market Coconut Flour (any brand will do)
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon will work too)
- Additions: 1 tbsp grounded flaxseed, 1/4 cup raisins, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, handful chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line muffin tin with reusable muffins liners.
- Mix together pumpkin, dates, coconut milk, eggs in high speed blender .
- Pour batter in mixing bowl. Add coconut flour, oats, baking soda, pumpkin pice spice. Mix till combined. Add coconut milk 1 tbsp at a time if batter is too thick.
- Mix in ground flaxseed, raisins, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Fill 10 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 mins. Remove muffins from oven and place on cooling rack for 10 mins.
Enjoy for an afternoon snack, late night treat, or pack muffins for an easy breakfast!