I haven't been fully embracing pumpkin season. Pumpkin oats, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin butter, pumpkin bread. AHHHH so many options. I decided it was time to stock up on pumpkin. Get this ladies and gentlemen: last year in Louisville THEY RAN OUT OF CANNED PUMPKIN. How can there be a shortage of canned pumpkin during this time of year?! Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie is like Christmas without cookies. So un-American. #pumpkinloverproblems
You bet I came right home, opened that can of pumpkin, and started this creation.
Pudding is such a childhood memory for me. My mom would buy JELL-0 chocolate pudding mix. It was the best dessert after dinner! Plus she let my brother and I help make it-a.k.a stir the powder and milk together. As much as I wold love some JELL-O pudding, I will stick with a healthier alternative!
- Heart healthy monounsaturated fat
- Fiber-rich: fullness, proper digestion, and cholesterol lowering
- Potassium: 250mg in 1/3 of a medium, aids in muscle function and bone health
- Aids in absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K)
- Great for substitutions in recipes! Check out how: Substituting With Avocados
- Remember Chia Pets? Yes, it's the same chia seed!
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fiber, and calcium
- Sprinkle on cereal, yogurt, oats, in smoothies and baked goods
Pumpkin: Check out what pumpkin has to offer and my other pumpkin creation: Fall Filled Pumpkin Muffins
Why not serve your chocolate pumpkin pudding on cute plates or place mats! It makes the experience even better! I want ALL fall decor at Target right now. Josh bought me this plate from Target for my birthday-he knows me too well!
Chocolate Pumpkin Pudding
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 extra ripe medium banana
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice; adjust as needed)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings: banana, walnuts, maple syrup
- In high speed blender add avocado, banana, pumpkin, cocoa powder, almond milk, chia seeds.
- Blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Top with walnuts, banana, and maple syrup!
Enjoy for dessert, a mid-afternoon chocolate fix, or a packable breakfast!