So how many recipes do we think I can name using alliterations?! This would number 3, although Pug Pops was just a coincidence.
Yet again I am on Google making sure 1) I am spelling a word correctly (alliteration) 2) I was using the term correctly. When I need a good laugh I am going to start looking up words in the dictionary...alliteration examples:
Who writes these?! Whoever does, thank you. Anywho, to what you all are here for...
Look at this beauty! Bibb lettuce is great for tacos to serve as the "tortilla" if you need a gluten-free option. And did I mention how BEAUTIFUL it is?
We eat some sort of taco/burrito/quesadilla at least 1-2x/week. It's simple, quick, and we always have the taco essentials on hand. Plus Josh REALLY likes chips and salsa, so any meal they are included he's in. If you're a taco lover I recommend you add these items to your weekly grocery list. They are STAPLES.
2. protein (fish/chicken/beef/beans/eggs)
4. cheese/avocado (optional, but HIGHLY recommend)
What are tacos without a cute, fiesta pug?? I think I found Frank's halloween outfit. Thank you Pinterest.
Tacos are awesome for so many reasons, but my favorite are:
-You can eat them for all meals of the day. (breakfast tacos-yummmm)
-They never get old. You can mix up all the "essentials" and try different combos.
-With the "essentials" you get all (almost all) the food groups in 1 meal! (add a side of fruit, then you're golden)
-Who doesn't love a Taco Bar?! A go-to if your hosting a dinner party. Easy to prep in large amounts and a great way to meet everyone's preferences, even the picky ones. They can choose what they want!
Tilapia was the taco protein of choice tonight and gave me an excuse to use my new Amazon arrival-Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray! You know how most people get excited about online clothing arrivals? Well not me, this delivery made my day! Also in my package was the Speck phone case I ordered thanks to Fit Foodie Finds recent post-Things I'm Loving Lately-Active Travel Style. Read the post...and her whole blog! Her recipes are YUM and all the things she uses/likes/wears I instantly want!
No fancy ingredients. A baking sheet and a cutting board is all you need!
Tasty Tilapia Tacos
Serves: 4-6 tacos (depending on how much you fill each taco)
Creation time: 35 mins
- 2 medium-sized tilapia fillets
- 1/2 lemon (squeezed)
- 1/4 tsp garlic (minced or you can sub garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- paprika & pepper (a few dashes)
- 1/2 cup onion (cut into small strips)
- whole wheat or corn tortillas
- Filling: Bibb lettuce, mashed avocado, feta, salsa or whatever fillings you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with oil/cooking spray or try these silicon baking mats. (Love them! Dishwasher safe). Place fish on baking sheet, but leave a small space near the edge for the onion.
- In a small dish mix together the lemon juice and garlic.
- Pour the lemon/garlic mix over the fish. Sprinkle the oregano, then a few dashes of paprika and pepper over the fish.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and place the cut onion in the open space. Give the onion a few sprays of the Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray (you can drizzle with olive oil instead)
- Bake for 5 for mins. If you want the onions more cooked take the fish out and put the onion back in for a few more minutes.
- Serve on whole grain tortillas or Trader Joe's corn+wheat tortillas. Layer tacos with mashed avocado, Bibb lettuce, tilapia, onion, feta, and salsa. Add tortilla chips and a side salad to complete the meal!
The super simple tilapia dressing can be used with other fish as well and served with brown rice/quiona or on top of salads!
lemon juice + garlic + oregano + paprika + pepper
Don't forget the MARGARITA! What are tacos without a margarita?! Try these Honey-Sweetened Margaritas from my Ohio friend, Famous Taylor! (that's what I refer to her as...she may or may not know this hah).