It's always a treat to try a new restaurant or breakfast spot, but some weekends call for rest and relaxation-A.K.A. laying on the couch, watching football, snuggling with Frank, AND cooking! Some may not consider making the kitchen a mess relaxing, but I love taking extra time on the weekends to try new recipes. Here is what we enjoyed last weekend! (A little late, whoops)
- These are on our top veggie burger list! SO EASY and filling.
- I left out the Tabasco sauce and green onion, and subbed oats for brown rice to save prep time.
- Leftovers are great for lunch-crumble on top of a salad or pack a whole grain bun.
Healthy Blueberry Waffles : So you're thinking "Those aren't waffles!"
- Pancakes sounded tasty, so I followed Lee's tips at the bottom of the recipe to convert them from waffles->pancakes.
- I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup white flour, left out the blueberries and coconut oil, and added 1/2 cup pumpkin. YUM, pumpkin.
- These were so FLUFFY and DENSE!
- We got a really big bag of pre-cut kale at Fresh market for $2, so I needed to use it up!
- I used walnuts instead of almonds, mixed the pesto with spaghetti squash, and topped it with chicken! Easy and simple.
- Go make these. That's all.
- I used coconut flour because we didn't have almond flour. Still turned out AMAZING.
- Go make these too: Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cups from my friend Sarah and Homemade Reese's Cups from my friend Taylor!
Frank loves the weekends! It means he has Josh and Meredith time 24/7! Stay tuned for more weekend recaps and meal prep posts with GROCERY LISTS. I've been getting feedback on how helpful they would be!